A Beginners Guide to 'The Body Shop'

Sunday 5 April 2015


Have you ever wondered what the difference between a body milk, body cream and body puree is at The Body Shop? Keep on reading to find out, and more!


I am sure everyone has heard of The Body Shop before. They are an international company who produce quality body products, skin care and cosmetics. They also indorse a lot of amazing causes, such as Fair Trade, Self Esteem, Human Rights and they are also a cruelty free brand with 100% vegetarian friendly products!

On my trip the England a few months back, as it was just past christmas, The Body Shop had some huge sales on, if you take into account that plus The Body Shop is a bit cheaper over there, I went a bit nuts. I wanted to try different scents apart from my trusty Strawberry, so I decided on Mango, Coconut, Shea, Glazed Apple (LE) and of course a little bit of Strawberry. I got a range of different christmas gift pack deals as they were going super cheap, and ended up with a whole lot of mini bottles (and loofas apparently).



When I got home I realised I had no clue what to do with any of them apart from the basic shower gel and body butter. Classic shy me, I didn't want to go in to the store and ask, so I googled to my hearts content, and thought I would compile everything I have found in one blog post for everyone to read! This is just a run down of their body products, as I don't actually own any skin care etc. If you have any recommendations definitely leave me a comment here or on Instagram!

Body Milk

This is a very thin, runny and milky (surprise surprise) consistency and was made to be used as a lightweight moisturiser, that absorbs into the skin quickly. I find it really nice on my arms and legs when they are looking a bit dry, but personally I wouldn't use this as an every day moisturiser as I need something more heavy duty. I think this might be good with those who have oily-normal skin as it is so light weight.



I got this in the Coconut scent, which means it contains an organic virgin coconut oil which helps enrich your skin for a lasting moisturised feel.

Shower Gel

 I am sure we have all used shower gel before, and this is pretty much the same. It is just a soap free, cleansing gel, that lathers up under water which means you get to clean you body and make it feel nice and soft at the same time. I will say, out of all The Body Shop products I have tried, this one definitely has the shortest scent retention, meaning the smell goes away pretty much instantly after you dry yourself out the shower!



I have this in both the Mango and Strawberry scents, and are both enriched with different oils which definitely helps that smooth skin feel you get after use.

Also, I find this runs out the quickest, and as they have just released jumbo bottles of shower gel (750ml) I would definitely say bigger is better once you find the right scent for you!

Body Puree

This is similar to a body milk, in that it is a lightweight moisturiser, meant to absorb quickly into the skin. It is a tiny bit thicker than the body milk, but only so that it isn't as running. If you squeezed a little bit onto your finger it wouldn't come out runny like the body milk. As I said before, I need something thicker but it a great day to day moisturiser for those with normal skin.



I have this in the Strawberry scent, which has cold-pressed strawberry seed oil in it. The effects aren't as long lasting as the coconut oil would be, but is still a great ingredient to have in a body product!

Shower Cream

This is basically a creamier version of a shower gel. It has the same properties, in that is a soap free, lather rich cleaning product to be used in the shower. The main difference is the ingredients, it contains more oils and other things which makes it more moisturising and definitely more thicker than an average shower gel.



I bought a Shea and Coconut scented shower creams, as they both contains the most oils which are amazing on my dry skin.

Body Whip

This, as the name suggests, is another lightweight moisturiser, but with a more whipped and airy consistency. It feels lighter on your fingertips but has a thicker and more velvety texture than the body milk or body puree. This is a great all-over-body moisturiser for people with normal-dry skin. I find all the Body Shop moisturisers to leave a soft touch to the skin, without any oiliness, which I love!



I have this in the Shea scent, which means it contains Community Fair Trade Shea Butter (as do most Body Shop body products, although this scent would obviously contain more of it) leaving the skin feeling silky soft.

Body Butter

These are advertised on The Body Shop website as 'The Body Shop's iconic bestseller...with 24-hour moisturisation'. I would definitely agree with this. It is a thick moisturising that comes in a tub, and you can scoop some out with your fingers and massage into the skin. I use this every day all over my body after a shower, and is great for my dry skin. It is an intense, long lasting hydration, the doesn't leave any oily residue on my skin after it has quickly dried.



I have several scents in this, as it is my most used Body Shop products. The ones I bought in England are Strawberry, Mango, Coconut and Glazed Apple.

I hope this was helpful for those out there who haven't tried many Body Shop body products! They have a huge selection of scents, I personally have a wish list of new scents I want to try including Peach, Pink Grapefruit and Satsuma (YUM!). I also organised this list from thinnest to thickest in consistency, so hopefully you will be able to try the right product for your skin type!  

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh