Favourite Lip Product Swatches

Sunday 13 September 2015


I've recently be reading a lot of '5 Favourite Lip Products' blog posts and I thought it was such a good idea and wanted to do the same, so I started going through my collection to find my top 5 favourite products. I'm not quite sure how it happened but I pulled out 23 products and just couldn't bring myself to cut it down (#beautybloggerproblems?). So here are my favourite 23 lip products of the moment.



Oh, one more thing before we dive in. A LOT of these are going to look like the same shade of pink and nude, I know it, you know it, we all know. Okay here we go!



I'll be the first to admit I don't wear or own a lot of glossy lip products. Because I always wear my hair down it constantly gets stuck on my lips which is super frustrating, but I have found these four products aren't really that sticky. From left to right we've got: Maybelline Colour Elixir in Caramel Infused, Nyx Butter Gloss in Tiramisu, Rimmel Oh My Gloss in Snog and (my favourite out of the glossy lips) YSL Oil Tint in Number One.



Next up is lip creams, I have only just recently started getting into these matte lip creams and I am really loving them! I love that I can apply them at the start of my working day and they will still be there at the end, it makes the up keep super easy and effortless. The two I have had on rotation are the Innoxa Full Colour Lip Cream in Simply Stunning and my newbie Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lip in Shimmy. 



I love a good lip product in a chubby crayon form, I have two drawers full of them! I find them so easy to apply on the go and most of them I don't even need a mirror for! Here I've got Covergirl Smoochies in 215, Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow in Peach, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious, Colour Pop Lippie Stick in Frida, Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Descanso (my all time favourite!) and my favourite lip pencil is by Mac in the shade Boldy Bare.  



I've split my favourite lipsticks into high end and drugstore to make things easier. These are always changing as I am always buying new lipsticks (who knows why, I literally have over 100). From left to right in the swatches (opposite direction to the other photo): Urban Decay Sheer in Liar, Nars Audacious in Raquel, Mac Julia Petite (LE) in Boca, Mac Creme Cup, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Number 8 and lastly Mac Toledo (LE) in Oxblood. 



Last but not least is my favourite drug store lippies. I think lip products is one area the drugstore really excels in, so majority of my lip product collection are actually from the drugstore! From top to bottom in the swatches: Kmart own brand nude lipstick (one of my go to lipsticks to chuck in my bag and go), Maybelline Blushing Bud, Loreal Juliannes Nude, Sportsgirl in Beauty Queen, and my new baby Rimmel Kate Moss Nude in Number 45!

This was a bit of a long, photo heavy post, so please let me know if you enjoyed it! Also let me know if you want more of these favourite '...' products and swatches posts :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved the swatches! Makes me want to get so many of these products! Would love to see another favourites but more cut down if you can! ^.^ Just so, I can limit my spending haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) haha yes other categories would definitely be a lot shorter! lip products is just something I hoard so it was so hard to cut the list down!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh