Makeup Collection and Storage

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Yes it is finally here! How I store my makeup! I didn't want to go the traditional Alex drawer unit so I went for Muji acrylic drawers instead. I love being able to see everything I have, I think it helps me make sure I am using it all, because I clearly have more than enough makeup for one person. However, I think I will need to eventually get an Alex drawer set as I have already noticed I am running out of space, but I can cross that bridge when I get to it. For now, I am very happy with how everything looks set up inside the top four cubes in my IKEA Expedit (now Kallax) shelving unit.

My top left cube has my base products. The top shelf is all my foundations and bb creams. This is the only thing I am unhappy with about my storage. I can't see all my foundations clearly compared to if they were laying down in (several) drawers, so I tend to use the same few over and over again, whilst neglecting the others!



Underneath that is a Muji Acrylic 3 Drawer Set. On top of it I have some bigger products that don't fit anything else, so my loose powders and a Benefit blush.


The top drawer has a couple of my highlighting powders. 


The middle drawer has my setting powders. My favourites are definitely the Mac Mineralise Skin Finish and the ELF Tone Correcting powder. 


My primer drawer is a bit hectic, but I always tend to lean towards the same three: Loreal Infallible, Loreal Lumi Magique and the Innoxa one. 


This top right cube might be familiar to a few of you, I posted a photo of it on my Instagram a little while ago. It has my Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Polish collection (my favourite nail polishes, I literally chucked out all my other 100 polishes) which I have stored in a nail polish holder from Priceline. Next to it I have three of my little palettes in a letter holder from Muji. Those are sitting on top of a Muji 5 Drawer which holds all of my lip products apart from lipsticks. On the left is a brush holder from Priceline. I love this because I can pull it out, use what I need and then slide it back into place without it looking messy. 


The bottom drawer contains my thinner lip crayons, there is Colour Pop, Nars, Maybelline and ELF in here. My favourites are definitely the Nars mini ones which came in a Christmas set last year. 


Next drawer up is my lip crayons. The majority are definitely Revlon as they have so many different shades and finishes, they really have such a great variety! This is also my most used drawer by my mum, she comes in all the time after I've left for work and borrows one. 


Next up is a bit of a messy one. It has my small collection of lip pencils, honestly I rarely actually use a lip pencil but they are good to have just incase. I managed to wittle down my lip balm collection to Nivea, Carmex and Burts Bees which I am proud of myself for! There is also the overspill from my liquid lipstick drawer. 


Here is my little lip gloss collection plus a couple of the Revlon Lip Stains. As you can tell there is a lot of nudes here! I love the four Loreal ones in the bottom left corner. 


My little slice of heaven here is my liquid lipstick drawer. My collection has grown since this photo was taken so I've started a second drawer. My new favourites are definitely the ones from La Splash, and I ended up chucking out the Colour Pop ones as the formula wasn't great anyway and they went all weird and separated.


This is what I've got inside the little Muji letter holder. The Tartlette palette, Charlotte Tilburry Filmstar Bronze and Glow and a small Z Palette with my two most used ABH powders and two Makeup Geek blushes. 


Moving on to the bottom right cube, which contains all my powders and big palette (my smaller eyeshadow palettes are elsewhere!).


In the Muji 5 Drawer is all of my palettes. I love how easy it is to see them all laying flat. I don't think I would use them as often if they were all piled up next to each other! The palettes inside the drawers are: Urban Decay Naked (which I need to use more) and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Kit (which I need to put down and try new things!).


This one has the Too Faced Contour Kit, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Wardrobe and the LE Blush palette. 


My gorgeous rose gold Z Palette with the best neutral single shadows ever (Makeup Geek if you hadn't already guessed) and the newest addition to my palette collection, The Balm Meet Matte Nude. 


Next up is the Batalash x Sauce Box palette which is amazing, and the Balm How Bout Them Apples? Cream Cheek palette. 


This is the powders that don't fit in the compact holders I'll be showing you next. I really need to order some more of them! They are so great, and if I do ever get the Alex drawers I could use them in there as well. There's a mixture in here, but my favourites in this drawer are definitely Benefit Hoola and the Essence highlighter from their LE Bloom Me Up collection, it is actually one of my favourite highlighters of all time. 


Standing next to the Muji 5 Drawer is the Urban Decay Naked on The Run (a regretful purchase) and my new favourite baby, the ABH Cream Contour Kit in Fair. This thing is awesome! I thought I was going to struggle working with cream products but they look so natural on my skin, I really do love it.


These are the compact holders I found from The Makeup Box Shop here


I wanted to organise it into bronzer, blush and highlighter but it is kind of all over the place. This one has most my bronzers plus my new ABH highlighter, which is growing on me! My favourite bronzer is by far the Essence once from their LE Beach Cruisers collection. 


The next one I have my only Mac blush, three from The Balm and two from Nars. I love the Nars x Christopher Kane one because it is so natural on my skin tone.


Lastly is some more blushes and highlighter. I adore my Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop highlighter, and the Too Faced heart blushes. How cute are they?! I want to collect them all.


In the last, bottom left cube, has everything to do with my eyes. It is a Muji 3 Drawer on top of a Muji 5 Drawer. They have little soft feet so there is no scratching when they sit on top of each other which is great. 


Here are all my little eye shadow palettes, I have to say I don't use these as often as I use my single shadows or bigger palettes, but they are great to travel with!


This drawer makes me happy. All my single shadows lined up, I don't reach for my Chi Chi ones anymore now that I've got the Stila, Becca and Nars ones, but they are still good to have!


These are all my cream eye pots. Lots of Colour Pop in this drawer, I also put the bronzers, blush and highlighters from Colour Pop in here as well for convenience. 


Another drawer that makes me happy is my concealer drawer. One thing the drugstore does very well is concealer in my opinion! The Covergirl, Maybelline and Rimmel ones are my go to's.


This should look familiar as well, I put this up on Instagram a while ago when I was planning this post. I tend to always reach for my Hourglass pencil because it is so quick and easy to use, but when I am taking my time with my makeup I do go for one of those brow and gel duos on the right hand side. The ELF one is especially great. 


Honestly this drawer is a bit of a waste. I really struggle to find a drugstore mascara that works on my short and stumpy little lashes. So I only ever use the Too Faced Better Than Sex, Urban Decay Perversion or Benefit They're Real. If it didn't have attachment issues I would throw out the rest. 


The last nice drawer in my Muji 5 Drawer is this one with all my eyeliners and chubby eye pencils. 


This is another spill over drawer I fill with random bits and pieces I am yet to find a home for.  


Nearly there I promise!! I have the majority of my lipsticks in this gorgeous piece from Lipstack. It holds 80 lipsticks and spins...I know right? So cool! Although, I also have about 40 more lipsticks sitting in a bag waiting for me to drop another $180 on one of these babies.


My Mac and a couple of YSL, Nars and Marc Jacobs are in this little acrylic storage from the Reject Shop on a different set of shelves in my room. 


The last of my makeup in my room is my two new Mac Scented Fix + on the same drawer unit as my Mac lipsticks above. 


If you made it this far, gold star for you! I hope you find this useful for your own storage, or if you just loved having a sticky beak into my collection! 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post love your articles & products , MY FAVORITE brand is Bobbi brown india. Try it they have amazing products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say u have done an impeccable job! Very well organised!
    Thestyletune.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh