Rimmel Brow Products Review

Wednesday 2 September 2015


Recently Rimmel came out with a new line of brow products, I am sure most of you would have seen them by now somewhere as they have been out for around a month. I was lucky enough to receive two sets complete with all shades (one anonymous and one from Coty) as PR gifts, so stick to the end to see what I am doing with the second set *wink wink*





The first thing is their brow duos. One side is powder and the other side is wax, and it comes with a cute teeny tiny brush and spoolie. I haven't touched the tools it came with although for those who don't have a brush to use, or are travelling, it may come in handy. Personally I would still bring a normal sized brush when travelling, but to each their own! The only shades I was sent, and the only shades I could see in Priceline for that matter, are 'Medium Brown' and 'Dark Brown', so clearly shade range is a big negative here. Luckily for me I can get away with using Medium Brown as it is slightly ashy-toned which is how I like my brows to be.


Next is their selection of brow gels. The shade range is better here than the duos, especially as well considering they are a drugstore brand. Again, could be better but also could be worse! Now, being honest here, the first time I used the tinted brow gel I hated it. It was thick, It was obvious and it couldn't be dispersed evenly. The phrase 'loud and proud' comes to mind, as that is exactly what my brows were doing. I then refused to touch the tinted brow gels for a while, I couldn't bring myself to give them a second chance.

Then one day I was going for a real easy, natural look, so instead of using the tinted brow gel to set the brow product I had already put on, I used It on its own. I feel like this is definitely how it was created to be used. It worked great in filling in sparse areas, evening everything out and it locked everything in place all day.


The clear brow gel is just your average one. Good for setting whatever other brow product you have already put down, I just wipe off the end of the brush before use as I find sometimes it has too much product on it. The wand is a little big which may irritate some people with thinner or smaller brows, but for mine it works just fine!

Now for my giveaway! Head to my instagram and repost the image which will be appearing at 8pm Melbourne time, with the hashtag #livvbeautyybrowaway (instead of giveaway...get it?), you must be following me on Instagram and be an Australian resident. The competition will be closed at 8pm on the 9th of September, exactly a week from when it starts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh